Monday 30 March 2015

Actors, Musicians, Comedians #SHUTUP

Oh. My. God.

Now we have Martin Freeman telling us to vote Labour. The man who's tax dodged, worth £10m, and acts for a living is telling us who to vote for.

As you all know I'm a Tory, but I still hated it when Gary Barlow campaigned with David Cameron 5 years ago.

Russell Brand says don't vote. Paloma Faith got some two bit journalist to preach to her audience, and God knows who else is coming out of the wood works in support of a certain political party.

Bugger off. We don't care. I don't care. Great you're voting, or not voting, don't have to broadcast it to the whole world.

When it comes to actors, musicians, and comedian, all I want is for you entertain, not to preach. If you find yourself leaving behind your actor, musical, comedic routes, for the political stage, like Glenda Jackson, fine, at least she got off her backside and did something about it.

And to be fair Rufus Hound stood to become an MEP for the NHA Party last year.

Of course there are the odd musical acts, and comedians who became famous through their political beliefs, Billy Bragg, Elvis Costello, The Comic Strip Presents, Harry Enfield, Ben Elton Etc.

But ones who've decided to show their political beliefs after their famous, then preach to me how good that party versus other parties? No I haven't got time for you.

You're an entertainer, please just stick to it, yes you can say "I'm voting for so and so" But please, please, please do not preach, and do not then get paid nicely by that party to preach to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment