Friday 15 January 2016

I've Left The Conservative Party

I am sorry to say can no longer be part of the Conservatives
.
Yes, I will back some of their policies, but others just seem downright mean, and others are carrying on Blair’s work of creating a nanny state.

I don’t want the government telling me what I can and can’t eat, I already know what’s bad for, what’s good for, it’s just a matter of will.

I’ve got friends who failed their Maths GCSE, yet are brilliant calorie counters, they don’t need Cameron pretending to care by imposing another tax on them.

Another problem I find, and this is where I am sure many Conservatives are going to disagree with me, is that the Tories are just being mean sometimes.

Take for instance tax credits, something created by Gordon Brown, shouldn’t be there, however, it is, and people who are in lowed paid jobs are relying on it, what are the Tories planning to do? Just take it away.

How is that fair on those who are working hard?

For me the Conservative Party is meant to be there for those who do have aspirations, for those who are working hard, but getting no breaks.

Instead this government seems to be hell bent on either bringing up the past, or blaming someone else.
Cameron is also an annoyance, his smarmy appearances at Prime Ministers Questions every week is beyond boring now, we didn’t elect you to be a stand up Dave, we want a Prime Minister, a statesman.

Also his attitude towards us, the voters, the people who put him where he is, echoes that of Tony Blair, it’s like he looks down on us from on high. I fear he’s forgotten what it’s like being in opposition, he’s completely lost touch.

I went to CCHQ to help out a friend with some calling, & Cameron was the special guest who arrived, he obviously thinks a lot of himself, and with the grace of a dying giraffe he said “I am going to dinner now to raise money so you can do this.” Then laughed.

We were volunteering!!! What the hell needed paying for?!

As well as Cameron’s friends within government, Jeremy Hunt for example, a pathetic man who can preach to the already converted, but useless when put under pressure from opponents.

Does Jeremy even care about the NHS? I don’t believe so, all I keep hearing is more cuts, and then them trying to spin it as a raise…… we’re not stupid.

At the Tory Conference back in October, I spoke to many people who either worked in the NHS, or had family or friends working within the NHS, and they all said, “He’s going too far.”

Also the conference itself for me was a first, now bare with me, it’s a bit of a role play the next part.
I believe it was the second day of the conference, and I went to get a drink, as I gave the man my money but the till jammed, he looked at me apologetically, but we all know shit happens, and I smiled.

A man then stood behind me, impatiently, he could see there was a problem with the till, but that wasn’t his problem was it? Oh no.

He then pushed past me, “Can I have a bottle of water.”

“In a minute sir, the till’s stuck.” He said, again apologetically.

“Look here’s £3, please just get me a bottle of water!” He said, whilst slamming down his money on the counter.

The waiter looked helplessly at me as he was holding up the till whilst his colleague tried to fix it at the back.

“Hang on.” He then whispered to his colleague, who now had to hold the till. He grabbed the water, and gave it to the impatient man.

“About time.” He said as he snatched it, and stormed off mumbling something under his breath.

I stood there waiting patiently, as I said shit happens, within seconds of the rude bloke buggering off, the till worked, I got my change and drink, and gave the man an apologetic smile.

Now I told you that story because, how I view that impatient man, is how I view the Tories. No compassion, no thinking of others, just themselves.

For instance, Zac Goldsmith, I also met him at the conference, very easy on the eye, but a little bit like Hunt, no backbone.

Goldsmith has decided he’s against expanding Heathrow, and as he’s running to become London’s next Mayor the government has decided to delay its decision whether to expand it or not.

To me that’s putting Party before country, and that’s not something I signed up to when I joined them.

Even if the government chooses not to, get it over and done with now, people’s future are waiting on this decision, not just homes, but jobs too.

Now I am not tarring all Conservative MPs with the same brush, I like Henry Smith, MP for Crawley, who I went and canvassed for, or even Theresa May who’s my MP, who I think is a half decent Home Secretary and has more balls that most of the men in the cabinet.


But Cameron and his mates, I have no time for anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment