Thursday 6 February 2014

Women in Politics

It's still a very male environment, so for a woman to want to become an MP it must be a daunting task.

My MP is Home Secretary Theresa May, I think she's a good MP, and a brilliant Home Secretary. Where I work in Slough, the MP is Fiona MacTaggart, for Labour, I also think she is a brilliant MP.

Yes there is a shortage of women in the front bench. However, I do believe there are more pressing issue's Mr Miliband should be worried about.

For instance the fact that all he can talk about is women in politics, surely is a sign to Labour voters that he's run out of idea's about alternative policies? The fact that the economy is growing, people are being employed, and average wages have stopped falling is a sure sign that this government is working?

If I were a Labour supporter, I'd be reminding Mr Miliband that he only has 15 months in order to sort himself, and his party, out.

Listening to Labour yesterday was like listening to the BBC's employment scheme, boring, pointless, and down right pathetic.

Yes Cameron has a shortage of women within the front bench, I really don't care. Whoever he chooses to get this economy growing again, man or woman, I just hope they put their heads down and get on with the task at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment