Tuesday 4 February 2014

People like Dee White Give Those Who Need Benefits A Bad Name

After watching some of last night's program, Big Benefits Row, I came to two conclusions.


  1. Matthew Wright is an awful host (and biased)
  2. People like White Dee don't do the people who actually need benefits any justice.
When Channel 4's controversial program, Benefits Street, first aired, there was an absolute uproar from the left.

The left claimed it was an unfair portrayal of people on benefits, which in some circumstances I agree it did, however, after watching Chanel 5's Big Benefits Row, it has highlighted that there are problems with Labour's claims that there is a 'cost of living' crisis.

Firstly, the fact that we have had steady growth, employment has been rising, and average wages have stopped falling, Dee White just proved my point that maybe, some people (NOT ALL!!) on benefits don't manage their money correctly.

Dee White smokes, this is something I have just quit doing myself so I know how expensive cigarettes are, and she  has tattoo's which I have many friends who have them (I maybe the only one without a tattoo) so I know how expensive they are too.

Firstly, if you are that hard up and struck for cash getting a tattoo would be the last thing on my mind. Cigarettes I can understand are hard to kick, however if it came to one my children getting a good meal over my habit? I know for a fact my children would come first.

I know not everyone on benefits smokes, and nor do they all have tattoo's, but people who do claim benefits, and do smoke, and do have tattoo's maybe need to prioritise, and manage their money a little better.



No comments:

Post a Comment