Monday 3 February 2014

Theresa vs Boris: Who will win

Theresa May and Boris Johnson have been picked as favourites to take over from Cameron as leader of the Conservative Party.

These are two candidates I admire greatly, but I know who'd I'd vote for; Theresa May.

She's feisty, the left don't like her, and she sticks to her guns, and she doesn't mince her words.

I do like Boris Johnson a lot, I met him on the last mayoral election, in his brother's constituency Orpington (his brother being Jo Johnson, another nice bloke.)

And Boris was on his usual good form, as a Labour voter screeched from his car 'F***ing tory scum!' to which Boris replied: 'Your mother said the same thing this morning.'

However, even though Boris is man who says what he feels, and believes what he preaches, he's too much of a liability.

Yes he would be extremely entertaining, but I don't want entertaining, I want someone who will just get on with the job, and for me that person is Theresa. She's been an incredible Home Secretary, one who wants the best for the British people, her achievements include:


  1. Gary McKinnon adjournment (under the last Labour govt he would have been deported to the US)
  2. Cracking down on terrorists such as Abu Qatada
  3. Crack down on anti-social behaviour 
  4. Prohibited Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, who are two American racists, from entering the UK to talk with the EDL (English Defense League)
  5. Supporting gay marriage
  6. Supporting gay couples adopting (although she was anti this previous to 2010)
She puts her head down and does the job to a brilliant standard.

So, if Cameron steps down after the next election, I do hope she stands for the leadership elections, she's already got my vote.




No comments:

Post a Comment