Thursday 9 May 2013

Barbara Hewson

Today Barbara Hewson has come out in support of lowering the age of consent to 13, so that old men like Jimmy Saville, and others, aren't prosecuted.

A  decade ago I was 13, and although I knew what sex was, I certainly wasn't of mind to say yes to someone older man who asked me for sex!! 

Some 13 year old girls do have sex, and some of my friends at school had sex at 13, but it didn't make it right because they agreed to it. I've asked them recently if they regret having sex at such a young, and they've all said yes, "I didn't know what I was doing to my body."

One friend hadn't even started her menstrual cycle when she lost her virginity!

I don't know much about Barbara Hewson, if she has any daughters or neices, other than the fact she thinks people like Saville shouldn't be prosecuted because 'Touching a 17 year old's breasts, kissing a 13 year old, or putting one's hand up a 16 year old's skirt are not remotely comparable to the horror's of the Ealing Vicarage assaults, or gang rape, or the Fordingbridge gang rape and murders.'

A 17 or 16 year old can give consent, and know that if a man touches their bodies they can do something about, but a 13 year old is still getting used to her changing body, her hormones, let a lone a 20, 30, or older man asking her for sex!!

When I was 16 if a man touched me in an area I didn't feel comfortable with and I had asked him to stop and he didn't, I know for a fact I would have kicked him so hard he would have wished he never got out of bed that morning, but if I was 13 and a man did that to me, I'm not exactly sure how I would have reacted.

I probably would have frozen in fear, just because these women are older now, doesn't mean that justice can't be done The only one's I have problems with are the girls who were 16 and over, because you can give consent, and by law, you know what is going on.

Any younger, I think it's disgusting, and he should be locked up for life.

I don't think she fully understands her proposal of lowering the age of consent what knock on effects that's going to have.

Imagine a 40 odd year old man comes up to a 13 year old in the park, asks her for sex to which she consents, he doesn't use protection and she ends up pregnant, and you never hear from him again, what kind of life is that little girl, and her now child, going to have?

What mental issue's might she go through? At the age of 13 your body might be ready for a baby, but your mind certainly isn't!

Barbara might argue that the girl could have an abortion. Has she ever had an abortion, does she know that it can be extremely mentally and physically quite draining? 

They could give it up for adoption she might say. Does she know how long, and lengthy that process is? Does she know how mentally draining that can also be? What would it do to their academics?

Someone like Jimmy Saville who touched young girls who weren't only too young to give consent, but some were physically and mentally handicapped.

I Barbara needs to re-read what she has written, and maybe change her choice of words. More recently the deputy speaker of the House of Commons has been accused of raping a male. If he has, he needs to be brought to justice, if he hasn't he needs to prove his innocence, as Barbara seems to think it's an 'unfortunate coincidence'

If a man or woman touches you in a way that you don't feel is appropriate, make sure you tell them to stop, if they don't, hit them where it hurts and run to tell someone.

I do realise that Barbara is trying to point out there are women who fake such disgusting acts for attention, but that doesn't mean she needs to victimise 13 year old's.




No comments:

Post a Comment