Tuesday 21 March 2017

Martin McGuinness

Martin McGuinness, the former Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland, and ex cheif of the IRA has died.

As a Protestant Irish descendant I will not be mourning his death.

Yes at the end he did help create peace in Northern Ireland, but if it wasn't for people like him, the Good Friday agreement would never have been needed in the first place.

Whether you admit it or not, the man is a murderer, he has blood on his hands, and I am not just talking about British deaths, I am talking about Irish deaths.

People seem to forget that many Catholic's were killed if they were believed to have been helping the British.

McGuinness was a terrorist to some, and a freedom fighter for others, I agree with the former description.

People died needlessly, and all for what?

I am sorry for his family's loss, but at a time like this, I am also remembering those who he maimed and killed for nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment